CEL Components S.r.l.
Castenaso (BO), IT
Booth: 7C57_08Polypropylen honeycomb
Cel supplies different types of polypropylene honeycombs:
- Polypropylene honeycomb without TNT (PP 8.80)
- Polypropylene honeycomb with TNT (a thin thermowelded tissue on both sides; PP 8-80 T30)
- Polypropylene honeycomb with TNT and a plastic film (thermowelded on both sides; PP 8-80 T30 F75)
Polypropylene without TNT is a good kinetic energy absorber, therefore it can be uses in crash tests.
Polypropylene honeycomb can be thermo-welded or glued to a number of TNT or technical fabrics which make the production of sandwich and lightweight panels easier. In fact, polypropylene honeycomb with TNT is mainly used as core for sandwich, as reinforcement, as flat surface for cutting tools (waterjet cutting machines) and as means to lighten structures.
In addition, polypropylene honeycomb is used as support for filters and it is applied to diminish corrosive gas emissions thanks to the chemical-resistance of this product and it reliability in aggressive environments.
- Raw Materials - Core Materials - Thermoplastic Resin
- Raw Materials - Core Materials - Honeycomb Structures