Mr. Kai Steinbach
Head of Engineering
Mr. Kai SteinbachPosition
Head of EngineeringPerson-Description
Kai Steinbach studied aerospace engineering at the Technical University of Dresden.
For almost 20 years he has been involved in and responsible for numerous development projects in various markets. His experience ranges from the design of structural components on the International Space Station to the technology-oriented design and development of electrical circuit breakers in mass production. He is familiar with industry-relevant materials, technologies and processes. It is his understanding that every engineering process must focus on customer requirements rather than the traditional approach.
His career path is as follows:
Leichtbau-Zentrum Sachsen GmbH, Dresden, Germany, 2015 remaining
- Responsible for all engineering projects including sales, project planning and management with highly innovative composite applications for all markets.
Mitras Composites Systems GmbH, Radeburg, Germany, 2006 to 2015
- Head of Research & Development
- Head of the R&D department, responsible for the acquisition of new projects, project management, product and technology development of SMC/BMC applications.
- Responsible for the strategic technology development of the senata group, Freising.
Chair of Aircraft Technology, Dresden, Germany, 2001 to 2006
- Research on the residual strength of impact-damaged composite components
- Responsible for design and development of production and testing facilities
- Design of the development of innovative structural aircraft components
Leichtbau-Zentrum Sachsen GmbH