Germany, North Rhine-Westphalia
+49 231 9750010 0
+49 231 975010 99
During CFRP manufacturing, re-working and repair, deviations of CFRP components from nominal shape play a decisive role.
The BCT solutions for adaptive machining can be successfully used for more efficient manufacturing of large and complex CFRP components. Typical applications are the minimization of air gaps between structural parts by machining the adjacent components separately, the automated removal of sacrificial material, etc.
The re-work and repair of CFRP structures is extremely time-consuming if the preparation of the repair area is carried out manually. Here, stationary and mobile automation solutions from BCT for scarfing can dramatically shorten aircraft-on-ground times and substantially improve the quality of patch repair preparations. The recently developed mobile milling machine is equipped with optical scanner and adaptive machining software and is able to automatically prepare CFRP structures with eligible shape for patch repair.
- Quantity of presented innovations: 3
- 05060200 Machines, Equipment, Consumable Materials > Machines for Processing Composites > Machines for Surface Treatment
- 05060300 Machines, Equipment, Consumable Materials > Machines for Processing Composites > Other Machines for Processing Composites
- 05100300 Machines, Equipment, Consumable Materials > Measuring and Testing Technology > Measuring Instruments - Dimensional Accuracy
- 05100500 Machines, Equipment, Consumable Materials > Measuring and Testing Technology > Image Processing and Optical Sensors
- 09020400 Other Services > Software > Machine Control