+49 621 60 0
+49 621 60 42525
BASF for wind energy and automotive components
BASF supports the development of wind power as a climate-friendly source of energy in the energy mix. BASF’s portfolio for wind power applications comprises epoxy and coating systems, foams, special grouting mortars and concrete additives as well as lubricants and hydraulic systems.
The innovative solutions from BASF facilitate more efficient manufacturing, coating and maintenance of rotor blades, foundations, towers and gearboxes of wind turbines. In this way BASF helps to make wind turbines more profitable and more durable. BASF continually develops and improves its wind power portfolio in close cooperation with its customers.
Moreover BASF is working on solutions for automotive components based on continuous fiber reinforcement. On the one hand this covers polyamides for locally reinforced parts. On the other hand a new cross-divisional team develops products based on the three polymer matrices epoxy, polyurethane and polyamide to be used in fast resin transfer molding (RTM) processes in combination with continuous fiber fabrics.
More on products for the wind energy industry at: www.windenergy.basf.com
- Quantity of presented innovations: 1
- 01010101 Raw Materials > Chemicals > Epoxy
- 01010105 Raw Materials > Chemicals > PUR
- 01010200 Raw Materials > Chemicals > Hardeners
- 01040000 Raw Materials > Thermoplastics
- 07010000 Composite Products > Glass Fibre Reinforced Plastics
- 07020000 Composite Products > Carbon Fibre Reinforced Plastics
- 07050000 Composite Products > Metal Fibre Polymer Composites
- 08010000 Components / Products for Application Industries > Automotive (Cars and Trucks)
- 08060000 Components / Products for Application Industries > Aircraft / Aerospace
- 08170000 Components / Products for Application Industries > Wind Energy